Danny Curran has always been happiest when building something tangible – whether it’s a piece of furniture, woodworking project, or a large construction project.
His father noticed Danny’s passion at a young age and nurtured it, inviting a teenaged Danny to tour a commercial construction project that involved constructing a large office building. The project showed Danny firsthand the amount of effort and coordination necessary to make large-scale construction projects come to life, and he was officially hooked.
A Cincinnati area native by way of Anderson Township, Danny decided to turn his passion for building into a career and earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Systems Management with a minor in Business from The Ohio State University. He began his career at Danis Building Construction as an intern and later moved into a full-time role at the company in Columbus.
He returned home a few years later, accepting a position as a project manager with Miller Valentine Group where met Matt Packer, Peter Horton, and Dave Kasten. After working at Miller Valentine for five years, Danny decided he needed a change as well as increased career mobility and shifted gears to work as a facilities engineer at The Christ Hospital Health Network. This was a big step for Danny, transitioning his career from construction to an owner’s rep role with a major corporation where he handled capital projects representing the hospital.
Although his role at Christ Hospital allowed him to obtain a dynamic and high-level picture of capital projects, after a while he found himself yearning to return to construction to resume his passion for building. Danny kept tabs on the success of Terrex and wanted to join a team where he could take an active role in helping grow and expand their construction services. He also remained in touch with Matt, Dave, and Peter after they had joined Terrex, and with their help Danny was able to transition back to a construction management role at the firm as a project manager where he now manages, coordinates and supervises the entire construction process.
Danny credits Terrex’s collaborative and supportive culture with his continued career success, from playing an integral role in leading the pre-construction efforts for Links Unlimited (the firm’s largest construction project), to managing a building renovation of the Coffee Exchange, one of its smaller projects – not to mention Danny’s vital supporting role in larger, more complex renovation and expansion projects like Prus Construction.
Danny’s interest in building goes beyond his professional achievements – an enthusiastic woodworker and furniture builder, he also takes great pride in overseeing construction projects at his Milford home where he resides with his wife, two sons, and daughter. An outdoor enthusiast, Danny also enjoys glamping and snowboarding, as well as playing an active role in his kids’ sports teams, including coaching his daughter’s soccer team.
Danny T. Curran
- Manage, coordinate and supervise the construction process from the pre-construction stage through project close out.
- Responsible for delivering projects on time and on budget.
- Terrex Development & Construction, Project Manager – Sept 2018 to Present
- The Christ Hospital Health Network, Senior Staff Engineer – Sept 2017 to Sept 2018
- Miller-Valentine Group, Project Manager – June 2012 to Sept 2017
- Danis Building Construction Company, Project Engineer – Jan 2009 to June 2012
Representative Project Experience:
- Coffee Exchange – Building Renovation – Pleasant Ridge, OH
Renovation of an existing building into an 8,000 SF coffee shop/eatery.
- Prus Construction – Renovation and Office Expansion – Cincinnati, OH
Renovation and expansion of existing 5,400 SF office to 17,200 SF. Will include a high-bay training center and employee fitness center.
- Purple Paisley – Building Renovation – Cincinnati, OH
Renovation of an existing first floor commercial space into an existing mix-use (2) story residential/commercial building.
- 360 Partners – 187-Unit Luxury Apartment Complex – Batavia, OH
230,000 SF building and site development including covered parking structures, swimming pool, outdoor amenities area, and an underground storm water detention system.
- Flight Safety International –Columbus Learning Facility – Columbus, OH
65,000 SF new flight training facility located at CMH Airport.
- Fuyao America – Industrial Building Renovation – Moraine, OH
Managed all of company’s self-performance scopes of work.
Renovation of 2,000,000 SF GM Assembly Plant for Chinese based glass manufacturer.
- Shoppes at Kings Mills – Development & Construction of Retail Strip Center – Mason, OH
Construction of a 12,000 SF retail strip center with development of a 4-acre site. Development included utility line extensions, future building pads and underground storm water detention systems.
- Archdiocese of Cincinnati – Office Renovation – Cincinnati, OH
9,950 SF renovation of Director’s 9th floor headquarter offices.
Historic 100+ year old building with many active tenants.
- The Devine Group – Building Renovation – Cincinnati, OH
Design and renovation of a 17,000 SF existing senior center into a class A3 tenant office building with shared conference rooms, kitchen, spa bathrooms and open eating area.
- Akers Packaging – Building Addition – Middletown, OH
150,000 SF building addition and equipment rearrangement.
- Carmel East Hospital – Hospital Renovation – Columbus, OH
Served as Owners Representative while preparing hospital for Joint Commission Inspection.
Represented Mt. Carmel in construction renovations such as Fast Track and ER departments.
Replaced and updated existing Nurse Call system throughout hospital.
Coordinated over 160 electrical tie-ins of 180 electrical panels in an operational hospital as part of new 6000 kW generator building installation.
- Limited Brands Distribution Center – Building Renovation – Columbus, OH
Modernized restrooms, fragrance evaluation rooms and internal audit department, all while being occupied.
- Ann’s Oncology Center – Office Renovation – Westerville, OH
2,000 SF office renovation and 300 SF Linear Accelerator Vault for US Radiosurgery Group.
- Baxter Credit Union – Tenant Build Out – Dublin, OH
980 SF Class A tenant build-out.
- Walgreens/Cardinal Health – Tenant Build Out – Dublin, OH
4,000 SF tenant build-out pharmacy/clinic.
Education & Designations:
- B.S. Construction Systems Management from The Ohio State University
- 30-hour Occupational Safety and Health Training Course in Construction Safety & Health
- American Red Cross CPR/AED certified
- American Red Cross First Aid – Responding to Emergencies certified
- My wife Amy and I have been married for over 9 years and we have two sons and one daughter
- We moved to Cincinnati in June of 2012 and live in Milford, OH.
- I enjoy coaching my daughter’s soccer team.